Soak your feet in vinegar and relieve them of pain
You know there are so many things that affect the health of our feet. It is not just the bacteria that our socks contain after a long, sweaty session at the gym but also the latent fatigue that our feet and other joints suffer from all day, every week and for month and eventually for years. We don’t realize that until things have gotten out of our hands and then we figure that it is too late. Or is it?
You know all this can be prevented if you only know how to choose the right footwear. This means you don’t have to bear the pain of a gruesome workout or toil to keep a happy face when the stiffness and soreness in your feet is actually killing you down below.
How will you know if the footwear you’re thinking to buy is in fact the right one for you? Following are the things to notice:
- When your toes lightly graze the tip of the shoes, that is fine to the point it is comfortable but when you feel pressure building, it is time to pick a size bigger
- Your little toe and the big toe should not be confined or stuck together. They should fit comfortably in the shoe
- If you’ve already bought a pair of shoes you will know whether they are right for you or not if and when you develop corns, callous or bunions. This means you are wearing improper footwear. Remember, only shoes that are too short or too tight or too narrow or high-heeled would cause such problems
- Did you know that unsuitable shoes can also result in an abnormal gait? Worse, it can also result in incorrect hip rotation, and severe heel pain
- At the end of the day, if you feel that the arch of your foot aches, your footwear is not providing you the support you need. It is time to change them
Fighting Off Foot Pain
If you are suffering from constant pain in your feet or are complaining of stiffness or soreness it could be due to the obvious reasons just stated above. The pain is not going to go away magically even after you’ve changed your footwear. It is going to take a while and you will have to take certain steps to manage pain in the meanwhile.
Try putting your aching feet into a foot soak made from water and vinegar. It has many potential benefits for the feet. It is really very simple to make this solution. All you have to do is mix 2 parts water in 1 part vinegar. It is because of vinegar’s acetic acid content that it is so helpful for your feet. It has strong antimicrobial properties as well.
Vinegar may also help you get rid of:
- Foot odor
- Athlete\’s foot
We’ll talk more about this in our next post so stay tuned.